Best Friday Ever

Hey All!!

I am not ashamed to admit that I am a bit of a shopaholic. One of my all time favorite places to spend my hard earned cash is CVS! This might be a bit unusual, but I love CVS! There's always a ton of good finds and great deals, and its also much easier to justify a drug store purchase in my mind than one from a clothing or shoe store. It doesn't help that there's a mega CVS two blocks away from my job :/





Well, this past Friday while I was picking up my lunch (Lean Cuisine pizzas- sooo good! They taste just like the real thing!!) I spotted a display for a product that I've been wanting  for the past few months- Crackle Nail polish! I've been wanting to try this stuff since OPI launched it a few months back, but I just haven't been able to find time to make it all the way to the beauty supply store (in Providence not having a car significantly lengthens the time required for errands). Anyway, not only did CVS premier this product, but its also by my favorite nail polish brand- Sally Hansen. Her products are long lasting and amazing- I own more than 75% of her Hard as Nails line. I purchased the Sally Hansen Crackle polish in Ink Splatter and Antiqued Gold.



I also got a bottle of 3D Holographic Nail Lacquer in Digital and Glitzy Glamour Lip Gloss in All About Me, both from Milani for their BOGO 1/2 off sale.  I previously purchased the polish in the line's 3D gold shade- all of the colors on this line have a really pretty shimmer and they hold up pretty well compared to my amazing Sally Hansen polishes. The glamour gloss shade is a pretty matte reddish-brown/ mahogany color. It's a great shade, but the color really doesn't hold up well on its own.

 
After I got off of work I raced home to try out the Crackle polish- its AMAZING. I used the Antiqued Gold over the Milani Digital. This combination created a soft, subtle crackle look, but I love it. I'm excited to try more bold combinations.  I took pictures on my cell the camera couldn't really pick up the effects of the lighter colors.

**Update** I loved thes stuff so much that I went back to get another bottle in Fractured Foil. This is a shimmery silver that I'll be able to pair with almost any color in my collection- can't wait to try it out.

*Nicole*

Leave a Response